Cloth Nappy Hire Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions of Hire
When you hire nappies from Cloth Nappy Hire Australia, you agree to these Terms and Conditions.
- We will send your package in the fortnight before your start date to ensure it reaches you in time
- Delivery time can be up to 10 working days depending on the distance between Clean Cloth Nappy Hire (Brisbane) and your address though is typically faster for capital cities
- We cannot courier to PO Boxes so please provide a street address for delivery. If you are in a rural area without courier service we will use Australia Post
- You will be notified of the tracking number for your delivery via email when your package is is shipped. If you order within two weeks of the start date we will send your package as soon as possible
- Please be aware that most courier and postage services do not operate on the weekend or public holidays.
Hire period and extensions
- Our standard hire duration is 8 weeks
- If your baby is born early or is unwell, please contact us, we will adjust the start date according to circumstances (eg. if baby needs to stay in hospital)
- If you'd like to extend your hire at the end of the hire period you are welcome to do so. Please contact us before your hire ends to arrange additional hire time.
All invoices must be paid by the date specified on the invoice. We reserve the right to pursue debt collection action against any person whose invoices remain unpaid following our email reminder.
Condition of items we send to you
- The nappies will be sent to you in excellent used condition. This means that the elastics will be firm, waterproofing intact, velcro sticky and the nappies stain free. There may be light pilling of certain fabrics due to normal laundering
- Our excellent used condition nappies have been sanitised to ensure their cleanliness
- Cloth wipes are sent as new, not prewashed
- We wash, sanitise and re-use the plastic shipping buckets. It is acceptable if the exterior of the buckets receives some wear such as bumps and marks in transit. There's no need to clean the bucket before you return it to us.
Acceptable condition of items on return of hire package
- You must wash and properly dry the nappies before returning them to us. If you are having trouble with this, please contact us. Do not send damp nappies
- Please remove any fluff, hair and lint from the velcro. A fine-toothed comb or seam ripper makes light work of this
- Light biological staining is acceptable
- Stronger staining, smelly nappies, dye transfer from dark items or unwashed items will result in the loss of some or all of your bond at our discretion. This covers the time taken for extra laundering and replacement of the nappies if necessary
- If you lose or permanently damage items beyond the replacement cost covered by your bond, we will invoice you the full retail price of the items with terms 7 days. If you do not pay within 7 days, we reserve the right to forward your details to a debt collection agency.
Return of hire package
- The parcel is your responsibility until it is received by us
- You must use a tracked service to return your pack to us and provide us the tracking number within 48 hours of your hire finish date
- If the postmark on the package reads more than 48 hours after the finish date, we will deduct $20 per day from your bond and invoice for any additional days if the bond monies are used up
- You are responsible for the cost of returning the parcel to us. Road freight is fine. Our suggested services are Sendle and Australia Post
- If you are in Brisbane you may drop the parcel off to our street address in Salisbury, please contact us to arrange a suitable time.
Return of bond
- Upon receipt of your full hire package in acceptable condition, we will refund your bond or portion thereof within 3 working days
- If you fail to return the nappies to us we will retain your bond plus invoice for full retail cost of the items as detailed in Acceptable Condition of Items on Return of Hire Package.
Contents of package
- If we update our stock or adjust the contents of the hire packages in the period between payment and shipping, we will notify you via email. It is up to you whether you would like to hire the original or updated package. If you do not respond to our email before the shipping date we will send the updated package
- You may select your general colour preferences when you make your booking
- Package photos are an example of contents but prints are not guaranteed.
- $100 deposit (bond) and flat-rate shipping is required to secure your layby
- We will send you an invoice for the hire cost and you can make partial payments
- Full payment is required 30 days prior to your start date
- Our terms & conditions including refund policy apply to all lay-bys
- If you experience pregnancy loss or your baby is born sleeping, we will refund your hire fee and bond on return of the unused package
- If you notify us of your change of mind before your package is sent, your hire fee will be refunded but we will retain your bond
- If you change your mind after your package has been sent, we will refund your bond upon return of the nappies in acceptable condition
- Your purchases are governed by Australian Consumer Law and as such we do not refund for change of mind/wrong size. If the goods are faulty within the manufacturer's warranty period please contact us and we will arrange a replacement.
These Terms and Conditions are subject to change without notice